Friday, August 26, 2011

kids alone with a photo copier

Okay, the printer doesn't scan anymore and had to be replaced, but it still makes photocopies.

And I have fifty dollars worth of ink for it, so I intend to make photocopies with it until the ink is gone.

I'm cheap like that.

But we had that party Thursday night, and the printer was in the way on the dining room table, so I put it in Tim's room.

(Yeah, I hear ominous music playing too.)

So this morning they asked if they could make a few copies, of like some workbook pages and stuff?

Oh, gawd, sure. But don't break it, and not too many copies. It's a delicate machine, not a toy.

You hear me?

Well.

Later I found out they photocopied a sock.


(Workbook pages, my butt. That didn't even sound like a true story.)

And then they noticed the sock had a tuft of dog hair stuck to it.
So they photocopied the tuft of dog hair.


Then they came up with all sorts of other creative copies:

They cut a guy's face of a magazine picture, inserted the ball of dog hair, and copied that.


They arranged poker chips around clumps of dog hair and made a copy.


They found a sticky, wallwalker sort of thing, dog hair stuck in the tentacles and photocopied that.


Sick.

Then they threw all these creations in the bathroom wastebasket.

Later the story came out. I had even emptied the bathroom wastebasket, but it's not as if I go examining the contents.

However, Kari knew where to look.

Kari, aka Lydia

I suppose I should disapprove. I mean, it is a bit disgusting.

But I was too busy laughing at both their guilty expressions and their creations.

Dog hair art.

Sam, you inspirational animal, you and your outrageous shedding.


love you kids, and your dang dog too, Mom

1 comment:

  1. those kids sure know how to have fun. xoxox

    ReplyDelete