Friday, August 26, 2011

twenty-seven


That would be YOU.

Today while I was shopping for your birthday present, I had the thought--if someone could have told me in the summer of 1984, that twenty-seven years later, you'd be you? Married to Joe?

look at you laughing. you two know each other too well.

And that you guys would have your own gorgeous baby?




Wow.


Dad and I have had a lot of fun being your parents, not gonna lie.

And I know you girls were brats sometimes. I'm aware. Kirsten said herself in the speech at your wedding that you spent as much time thinking up stunts to do with the ceiling fan as you did playing with your toys.


That wasn't right.

But I don't care. I hate ceiling fans. I never liked it anyway.

And now is now, and it's an excellent time to be me and you.

up in the room a few years back

Thank you for being my girl, for marrying Joe, and for giving birth to that luscious baby of yours.

Onward. Life is awesome, especially YOU. Happy Birthday, Sweetheart. love you so, Mom


1 comment: