Thursday, August 18, 2011

easy thursday

b.g. and uncle james time

Yep, nothing to prepare for today, no rules.


Here they're dodging around the playhouse.





This little honey pinches the fat of my arms and leaves tiny purple bruises. Why? We don't know. She does it to her mother too.

She also has one tooth now. One little bitty one.


I met Becka for supper after the babies went home, and even though I was tired setting out, it was good to be there. We had a great time.

Before I left the house, it was obvious Julia needed some tlc after a day of sharing her mother with her niece and nephew, so I told her to pick out a book for me to read when I got home.






She picked out an old Christmas book about Santa's workshop, one of my very favorite little golden books, so we read that in the bed together in a pile of Tim's new pillow pets.

There was a lot of laughing at supper tonight. That's the thing about a friendship of over twenty-five years. There's a past, present and future to share, perspective and patience and faith.

Becka and Julia

And there was plenty of laughing and plenty of diapers today, mischief to redirect, cheeks to kiss.

Driving through the city, the string of headlights and tail lights, the tall glittery buildings, the warm summer air all felt absolutely August perfect.

When I got home, there were the dogs to greet me, and that kid waving the Santa book. Tim's been drilling holes in cardboard boxes all day. Jay's promised to find him some blocks of wood tomorrow.


Time for bed. Sleep well. love, Val


No comments:

Post a Comment