Wednesday, August 18, 2010

oh dear


Oh dear. I have a real estate deal crumbling around the edges, so frustrating and upsetting.

The outcome is unknown at this time.

And our accounts receivable continues to climb, as does our own pile of bills, which will eventually be due.

Nobody's paying.

Oh, ouch, ouch, ouch.

So I've defaulted into stress mode and am cleaning the kids' room. It needs it badly. There are so many remote control vehicles without remotes. Remotes without vehicles. All without batteries.

It makes my head hurt. And where do all these Yu Gi Oh cards come from???? A GI Joe with no feet? Oh my goodness. I know this is not what's really stressing me out, even though it makes my head swim. Why is the jewelry in a baggie? How about the jewelry box? And why are there 15 crumpled dollar bills in the video game bag? Where are the Game Boy games, actually?

All this kid clutter is another form of the rest of what I can't control.

Jay called on the phone and said, "Do you know how much I love you?"

Yes.

Julia is trying on her shoes, weeding out what doesn't fit. She was in here a minute ago to show me a pair and spontaneously threw her arms around my neck and kissed me.


Tomorrow will be a day of baby ears to nibble, and crazy baby stunts to supervise. Tuesday when he was here, we walked around the garden late in the afternoon, him in the pouch. He squinted in the sun and his white hair blew in the breeze, and he's so completely lovely it almost hurts.

b.g. with his mama's brother

Onward. The mailman will be here again tomorrow, maybe with money. In the meantime, hug the people you love, and sort your sock drawers, and keep laughing. love, Val

1 comment:

  1. When the going gets tough, the tough get cleaning. I do the same thing, Val. (((hugs and love)))

    ReplyDelete