Thursday, August 29, 2013

kooky and cranky

It was that kind of night.  Dan called late in the afternoon about coming by, and yeah, we're all for it.  I made a pasta salad and Heidi brought food, and I made sandwiches and it was lovely.

The kids were dying to get down to this basement under the family room to attack the Legos and Barbies.

We tagged along to supervise.   It's like 100 degrees out, far too hot to really enjoy being outside at all.


 In this little disaster of a room, I decided to replace all the missing lightbulbs so we could see better, but then I tripped over the crap on the floor and FELL and skinned my knee.  

Last year at one point I had a skinned knee and a ZIT.  How undignified.  As a Grandmother, I object.




 Moo Jrs--always the answer.  At one point b.g.'s little brother became unhinged because his M&M cookie broke.  Well, hell, that's not a problem. We'll take the pieces--we gladly eat broken cookies--and he can have a new one.

this superhero does not eat broken cookies

That one broke too.  First it chipped a little on the side and he was upset.  In his fury he busted the rest of it, and threw his cute self down, sobbing.   Kirsten's dog took care of the crumbs.

Whee.  Unreasonable Toddler Time.

 Eventually we made it back outside again.  Here Dan and Kirsten are dusting the boy off after he fell off the swing.

There was giddy laughter and loud crying.  In psych they call it "emotionally labile."  That means mood all over the place, cannot get it together, laughing and crying in the same minute.

That was them tonight.
That's all right.   In the middle of all this, t.c. was on the phone wanting the lock box code for their house. I had to go online and look it up.

But now it's now, almost the end of this day, and it was a great day, and tomorrow is looking fine--it's Friday after all, best day of the week.  I have my to-do list here and we are ready.

Onward.   love you all so, MOM

No comments:

Post a Comment