Friday, August 2, 2013

the bookmark

Tim reads to me every day so I can observe his progress (and enjoy his company.) 

He's doing well, reading amazingly much better than a year ago.

Anyway, today when he threw himself across my bed with his book, I noticed the bookmark he was using was an old sock.

It looked like a dirty sock.

So fastidious mother-type woman that I am, I asked him, "Are you using a dirty sock for a bookmark?!"

He said, "Could be clean."

"I found it on the floor of my room."

Good LOR-ed.

(It did not look like a clean sock.)

And we left it at that.

I told my mother this story and we laughed our heads off and she told me, "I hope I live long enough to see him as a grown man, see how that one turns out."   

He's 10 now and she's just over 70, so it's likely that she will.    (Her own mother attended John, Dan, and Heidi's weddings.)  Odds are in our favor.

Oh, Timothy, Timothy, Tim.

love you forever,   Mom AND Grandma too

1 comment:

  1. "It could be." lol Sure it "could."
    I thought he was going to say it was Dobby's sock from Harry Potter. :o)

    ReplyDelete