Tuesday, April 14, 2015

favorite photos


There are those ones--you know the kind.  They capture something so splendid and perfect about that moment, that you can hardly pull your eyes away.

For me, this is one of them.

It's my mom's parents, both grinning ear to ear, and my mother, the serious baby seated in the middle.

The original is about 3 x 3 inches.

  Tiny.

 I have a cousin who is like the family keeper of the photos.   If you ask her, she can find it, and she's generous, would scan anything she has and send it.

Sometimes she sends things we didn't even know existed.  

I like the close up version above because those faces are so precious to my heart.

But I like the wide view one too because of the scenery behind them, the hilly Wisconsin farm country.  It's a black and white photo, and my mother was born in April and looks about six months old there, so I imagine the colors all turning to fall.  (click on any picture for a larger view)


My dad's parents were different again.  Older--my dad's a youngest child and my mom is the oldest in her family.

 Pam on the left, and me, perched on the arms of the chair.  I was three, Pam a  year and a half.

That's my dad and his parents.

His mother could grow plants.


There are pictures where it feels like you could just reach out and touch them.


That's Heidi and Jay's grandpa.

Oh my goodness.

Okay good night.

Love  always, Val

No comments:

Post a Comment