Sunday, April 19, 2015

wisconsin, april 2015

 We spent a couple nights up at the lake.

Lydia, always the cooperative photo subject, invited her friend Sofia along.  Sofia is an accommodating and easy-going kid. She can come with us anytime.
 Jay had wood cutting projects in mind.   Tim was hauled in to help.

But the afternoon was warm and sunny. It wasn't that bad.


 They threw all the wood from the field into the trailer and dragged it up to the woodpile near the yard.


And then unloaded and stacked it.  Maria also helped.



 I worked on painting the ceiling.

It was difficult, not gonna lie.

A week ago, I tripped carrying in groceries and landed my rib cage on a bag of Granny Smith apples and another of Fiji.

I couldn't breathe, but in a little while I could.  The ribs are still recovering.  Climbing on and off the chair and extending the roller overhead got really, really old very shortly.

I don't have time for this shit.
 I hope the ribs will be better this week.

There's a fine Maria Selfie.  She drove from the university and spent the weekend with us and it was lovely with her there.

 Breakfast!  Fried egg sandwiches with cheese.  Pancakes across the kitchen.

 And this little rug I bought at the antique shop.  It was caked with 100 years of dust, not expensive, but  also a bit disgusting.

I put it through the washer twice up at the lake and another time when we got home, also with Downy.

The colors are brightening. The texture is different as it's clean.   It's wool, so I don't want to involve too much detergent, but a little soap to loosen the grime has been extremely helpful.

And when we got home tonight, my sister and her daughter  picked up Kari to go to the Humane Society and volunteer to pet and socialize with cats.

I think it was a huge success.

What a weekend.

love, Val

No comments:

Post a Comment